Thursday, July 21, 2011

Best Friends Training Day 2-It Begins

Hello Friends!
I have lots to share and some fun pictures too.

Arrival for us was at Lunch. I immediately met a group from Young At Heart from Chicago. Within an hour I was adopted by the group. I just love them. They are midwesterners that speak my language. Plus, their mission of rescuing senior pets just tugged at my heart. We had the Thursday "What is happening at the Sanctuary" weekly briefing.

After lunch we took a tour of Best Friends. I was the only one in my van that had been to Best Friends before so it was fun to revisit but also see others reactions for the first time. I was reunited with one of the Best Friends founders, Jana, who did my last training too.











When we got back we had time to sit and get to know everyone and have dinner. During dinner I sat next to Gregory Castle who is the CEO and one of the founders. He gave some great advice and insight. Being in the industry for 26 years and being in on it from the VERY beginning he has am amazing view of things.

AH-HA Moment/Quote of the Day:
"To be successful you have to lose your ego. Some of the greatest rescue organizations have been destroyed because of ego that causes infighting. Everyone involved checked their egos. That is one of the reasons were have been successful."-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment